2024 Community League Registration
Strathcona Pirates or Sherwood Park Archers
If you are new to baseball in Sherwood Park you may not know the difference between our 2 Community League divisions. During registration, you will have the option to choose which team you wish to play for. The Strathcona Pirates home diamonds are located in Ardrossan and surrounding area, meaning efforts are made during scheduling to accommodate more games and practices at the Ardrossan diamonds for these teams. The Sherwood Park Archers teams will have Sherwood Park diamonds as their primary location with the occasional game in Ardrossan throughout the season.
Season runs first week of May to last week of June
|Division||Year of Birth||Early Bird Registration Fee (December 15 to February 15)||Registration Fee (February 16 to March 15)||Raffle Fundraising Fee*||Evaluation Fee||Capital Savings Levy**||Total Due at Registration||notes||Nights of Play||Times|
|5U Blast Ball||2019, 2020||$80||$90||$100||No Evaluations||$10||$200.00||Tues, Thurs||5:45pm-6:45pm|
|7U Rally Cap||2017, 2018||$160||$195||$100||No Evaluations||$10||$270.00||Tues, Thurs||6:00pm-7:30pm|
|7U Rally Cap Plus||2017, 2018||$230||$265||$100||No Evaluations||$10||$340.00||Rally Cap plus is our newest program that allows our 7U players to be on the field more often. Teams will be formed and will still play in the normal Tuesday and Thursday league, but then will have additional practices and games on Mondays. Coaches may also have optional practices above and beyond the three nights.||Mon, Tues, Thurs,||6:00pm-7:30pm|
|9U Rookie||2015, 2016||$235||$270||$100||Included||$10||$345.00||Mon, Wed||6:30pm-8pm|
|9U Rookie Plus||2015, 2016||$305||$340||$100||Included||$10||$415.00||Rookie plus is our newest program that allows our 9U players to be on the field more often. Teams will be formed and will play in a more competitive Monday, Wednesday, Thursday league. Coaches may also have optional practices above and beyond the three nights.||Mon, Wed, Thurs||6:30pm-8pm|
|11U||2013, 2014||$295||$330||$100||Included||$10||$405.00||I am new to 11U, can you explain how it works? Scroll over here! Click Here for Information||Tues, Thurs||6:30pm-8:30pm|
|11U YEGA||2013, 2014||$295||$330||$100||$25||$10||$425.00||I am new to 11U, can you explain how it works? Scroll over here! Click Here for Information||Varies Mon-Thurs||6:30pm-8:30pm|
|13U||2011, 2012||$310||$345||$100||Included||$10||$420.00||What are the options at 13U? Click Here for more information||Mon, Wed||6:30pm-8:30pm|
|13U YEGA||2011, 2012||$310||$345||$100||$25||$10||$445.00||What are the options at 13U? Click Here for more information||Varies Mon-Thurs||6:30pm-8:30pm|
|15U ERRBL||2009, 2010||$325||$360||$100||No Evaluations||$10||$435.00||Games are located in various locations around Edmonton. See information by CLICKING CLICKING HEREHERE||Various||6:30pm-9pm|
|18U ERRBL||2006, 2007, 2008||$325||$360||$100||No Evaluations||$10||$435.00||Games are located in various locations around Edmonton. See information by CLICKING CLICKING HEREHERE||Various||6:30pm-9pm|
|18U - 19 Year Old||2005||$325||$360||$100||No Evaluations||$10||$435.00||Various||6:30pm-9pm|
- Assigned Ball Diamonds
- Keeper Jersey (5U and 7U get one jersey, 9U-18U get two)
- Team Picture/Individual Picture
- Community League Tournament (11U and 13U)
- League Playoff Tournament (15U and 13U)
- Team Equipment for each level (Balls, Bases, Tee’s & Pitching Machines (7U Rally Cap / 9U), Catcher Equipment
- Umpires (11U & Up).
- Games and practices a minimum of two nights per week. 7U plus and 9U Plus will practice and play a minimum of three nights per week. 9U and up can choose to practice more at the coach's decretion
ADDITIONAL NOTES ABOUT FEES
*Fundraising fee of $100.00 per registrant required at Registration (recoverable via selling raffle tickets).
Note: Raffle Tickets will be distributed by Team Raffle Ticket Volunteer on or before beginning of season.
**Capital Fields Improvement Levy Fee of $10 for Community League registrants. This fee ensure that SPMBA is able to save for future capital field projects.
Late fee of $35 will be added after March 15.
All players must provide the following mandatory safety equipment available at Sin Bin Sports.
- CSA Approved (Matte Black) Batting Helmet.
- CSA Approved Athletic Protection.
- Baseball Glove.
- Grey Baseball Pants (available at Sin Bin Sports)
- In Community League, Runners are fine. Rubber or Hard Plastic Cleats (only) are optional.
Provincial "A" All-star Baseball
- Provincial "A" baseball is an after-season program that allows community league players to keep playing through the end of July. During the registration process, you will need to choose if your athlete is interested in being evaluated in early May. Teams will be formed at the beginning of the season and practices may begin on top of the normal community league season in May and June. Once July starts, the teams will play in the Baseball Alberta "A" League and compete for a Provincial Title. Please note that games are on weekends for this league.
Parent Volunteer positions:
* Coach: Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- Facilitate practices & games
- Assign Parent Volunteers to following positions.
- Setup & look after team equipment
* Raffle Tickets Volunteer/Team Jersey Volunteer
- Attend Raffle Ticket Pick up Night.
- Distribute the Tickets to the parents / players (Record Ticket Book Number in Team Snap for each player).
- Collect completed books from parents / players as per raffle deadline.
- Return Teams Ticket books on Return Night.
- Responsible for picking up keeper jerseys (on same pick up as raffle tickets) and distributing to the team.
* CL Tournament Team Rep:
- Must attend Tournament Meeting(s), communicate tournament details to team and coordinate tournament volunteer
* Score Keeper (11U & Up):
- Keep score for team (training is available) and run the scoreboards at Sherwood Heights
* Team Manager (11U and Up):
- Manage off-field team activities.
Over Under Age Exemption Process:
The registration process will only allow players to register in their applicable age division.
Extraordinary circumstances may support Over Under Age Exemption requests, therefore, SPMBA may consider on a case by case basis. If you would like to request an age exemption, please select "Yes" to Over/Under Age in the registration form and pay the $25 fee.
Please register and sign up for evaluations for the applicable age group
PIPA: Sherwood Park Minor Baseball Association (SPMBA) does not sell, trade or otherwise share information we collect outside SPMBA however we use this information for the purpose of offering additional services related to the Association’s program. Images of your child may also be used on the SPMBA website and promotional materials. Should you choose NOT to allow this type of usage of personal information by SPMBA please select NO on the registration form.
Please note that Anyone may take photographs of players participating in a public event and is outside the control of SPMBA.
Pay Online with Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express - Fee Required)
Pay Offline - Interac e-Transfer – send full registration amount to firstname.lastname@example.org along with LAST NAME & REGISTRATION ID# in the memo of the e-transfer.
(pay by cheque or cash by making a special request to Josh Bishop email@example.com
Community League Regular Season Refund Policy:
Athletes who withdraw between March 15 and May 1st will receive a refund minus $75.
Athletes who withdraw after May 1st will receive a refund minus $150.
Athletes who withdraw after June 1st will receive no refund.
Acts of God:
If SPMBA needs to issue refunds due to Acts of God, such as a pandemic, full refunds will be given minus credit card fees.